Lux Aerobot is a space robotics company creating a predictive digital twin of the Earth’s surface using high-altitude long-endurance stratospheric balloons. Using the data collected, useful insights are produced using machine learning, allowing for predictive analysis and insight.
We are seeking a full-stack developer to help create online platforms that will serve both our clients and our staff. In this role, you will join our innovation team, helping to develop projects from concept to completion.
Working at Lux is different from other companies. Our staff gets to step away from the desk and work hands-on to develop and test industry-leading solutions for our clients—both nationally and internationally.
Our ideal candidate is an independent and driven individual who shares our passion for aerospace. The following is a list of responsibilities and the preferred skill set we foresee as being the best fit. However, if you feel you can accomplish the duties associated with the role, we want to hear from you!
- Develop, enhance and maintain our Mission Control application, responsible for flight operations
- Develop, enhance and maintain our Insight Platform, responsible for providing useful climate risk insights to clients
- Design and implement well-structured, reusable, and modular code that follows best practices and coding standards
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, adherence to best practices, and maintainability
- Maintain and enhance continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflows, ensuring smooth deployment and release processes
- Collaborate with the different hardware teams to facilitate data integration
- Strong proficiency in Angular framework, TypeScript, and related libraries
- Strong knowledge of backend languages and SQL
- Experience in building scalable and performant web applications, preferably in a production environment
- Strong interdisciplinary communication and collaboration skills
- Effective in remote work
- Experience deploying systems on Linux
- Experience using Docker containers to facilitate deployment across different environments
- A genuine interest in UI/UX